Lightning Tarte

April 19, 2016

It has been a bit quiet these days. Time has been flying by and a lot has happened lately.

As you might have mentioned, I have my own little Atelier now in Munichs Maxvorstadt. Such a pretty place and new home for my work. May there be many sweet ideas created and lots of pictures taken. 


Lucky me, I was also able to travel a lot. 

I went to Berlin (with my wonderful new assistant Kathi) to shoot a cookbook with Taina Guides in her Entretempo Kitchen Gallery and to visit the Naturkunde Museum and a very big dinosaur called Tristan. 

In Hamburg I shot a legendary Apollo 11 Moonlanding Dinner for Salon Magazine with incredible Chef Susanne Walter. 

In Italy, I had a closer look at the moon for the first time in my life and I picked black olives from a tree to pickle them.

Also, I had the great pleasure to shoot a campaign for this years food fair "Food Zürich" 
and to get up very early to watch the bakers and pastry chefs of Boulangerie Dompierre creating sinful deliciousness (more soon!) 


So here is my very quick and easy Lightning Celebration Tarte (I made this for NIDO Magazine besides some other cakes like my cloud cake, my confetti cake or my cake for kings and queens): 

Lightning Tarte


200g milk chocolate
a pinch of salt
200ml heavy cream
2 TS cacao powder
100g butter biscuits

Baiser - Dome

Coarsely chop the chocolate. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to boil. Pour over chocolate and add salt. Let stand for about 5 minutes, to let the chocolate melt, then stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny.

Break the biscuits with your hands in small pieces and place them in a mold (about 20cm Ø ). Pour over the chocolate ganache and let cool in your fridge.

Remove the bottoms of your "Schaumküsse", cut them in half and gently press them on the cake base to build a little dome.

5 Nice Words

  1. You chose great places to travel to. :)
    The recipe sounds very tasty! Which cream (in German) is used again?
    Greetings, Mia

  2. Thank you very much for the information pleased to visit.
    Lecithin Softgel

  3. Gracias por darme la información útil. Creo que lo necesito! - gmail iniciar sesión

  4. Well, this articel is very intersting, I very love it.